Translate

2014-01-14

TechnoBlog - remote control of devices - 2014-01-14-20-08

. . . . From the desk of Ms. Ann Abraham . .




So there is the internet, and there is the computer sitting on my desk.

And I switch it on, and it connects…

To some server, sitting somewhere,
May be in the middle of … nowhere…

But anyway, the fact is there is wire laid on the way
And what I type here, is seen there.

On a screen.

So I click a key here, and a character appears there…

So expand that please.

I click a key here, and a whole sequence of stuff happens there…

So I click a link here, and a different sequence of stuff happens there…

So I have a variety of links, each connected to different sequences of stuff there…

And depending on which link I click, the targeted sequence starts… Of course, what a mess if the wrong sequence starts… that would be rather painful…

So we make sure that the link we click here is what triggers the sequence of events we actually wish to trigger.

So once that is in place, whenever we want, we just click the link, and the sequence of events happens,… if it is in working order.  If it’s broke, then, hey! What to do… Don’t click the link.. It will only activate the disease.

So then this happen for any sequence of events that is defined.  Define a sequence of events, and define the link in an app.

Upload the app on the phone, and you are ready to go.

Click the thermostat app on the phone, and just like the CD drive opens here, so the electronic thermostat is set at your home, or office, or …wherever…

Do the same for your fridge, your air-conditioner (switch it on about 5 minutes before you get home, and step into a chilled apartment … or switch on the heater about 10 minutes before you get home, and step into a heated apartment, …
Or switch on the geyser just 10 minutes before you need hot water, from wherever you are in the house, so the geyser heats just those minutes, and you’ll have hot water, and then when you go for a jog, and suddenly remember, “Oh no! I forgot to switch off the geyser (water heater, as it is also called), then from my phone app, I can switch it off, and then the geyser stays safe, and doesn’t burn out the coil, or fuse the fuse, and that leads to a longer life for the geyser, and more hot water for um, me…  (Confession time – I wanted really hot water, and left the geyser on too long, and now the heating’s gone, and I bathed in cold water.  BRrrrr!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment